Melissa Spicer MS, LPCC, CCTP
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
Clinical expertise in supporting individuals with concerns related to grief & bereavement, trauma, anxiety, depression, insomnia, pre/post pregnancy, relationship conflict, parent education and career changes. Certificate training in Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART), Police Officer Wellness, Trauma, Nutritional and Integrative Medicine, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I), and Teletherapy.
Offers Video and Phone Sessions
I enjoy working with adult individuals who experience concerns related to grief & bereavement, trauma, anxiety, depression, insomnia, pre/post pregnancy, relationship conflict, parent education, and career changes. My goal is to create a calming environment where you can feel safe to process your emotions. As you let go of who you think you should be, space is created to become wholly who you are, to live the life you truly want while nourishing yourself on all levels. Together we can face your concerns and find new ways of moving through your life and relationships.
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) Learn More
- Police Officer and First Responder Wellness Learn More
- 911 At Ease International (911AEI): Melissa is trauma-informed counselor who has been chosen to participate in the 911AEI program where first responders and their families receive support services that are free and confidential. This includes police, fire, sheriff, emergency medical personnel, dispatchers, district attorneys’ office and other essential agencies. Learn More
"Melissa is knowledgeable, compassionate, kind, and professional! She is highly recommended and is able to serve a vast array of clients."
"Mindfully Healing embraces a personal growth based model unlike a problem or deficiency based model of traditional mental health... Our clients experience this during their first session."
Services and Pricing
Why Private Pay is Beneficial for Some Clients?
- Insurance does not cover relational difficulties such as couples and family therapy, they require a DSM-V diagnosis for one of the members. As a fee-for-service provider, I do not have to give you a mental health diagnosis.
- Mental health diagnoses can follow you and be documented on health records and can result in affecting life insurance applications, health insurance applications and other benefits or services.
- Together, we can determine how many times we meet instead of the insurance company making that decision.
- Since a treatment plan, notes and billing information are not being released to an insurance company, a greater amount of confidentiality is in place for you.