Mitchell Olson, MA LPCC
Clinical expertise in treating individuals and couples with issues related to grief & bereavement, depression, anxiety, and trauma. Certificate training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Clinical Hypnosis (Hypnotherapy).
Offers Video and Phone Sessions
I enjoy working with couples and individuals addressing relationship difficulties such as infidelity/affairs, conflict and communication issues, life transitions, pre-marital counseling, relationship loss, divorce, and emotional disengagement. I also have experience working with adults facing issues including depression, anxiety, trauma, self-esteem, divorce/blended families, and grief.
I have advanced training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), an empirically validated therapeutic approach to working with couples and relationships. The EFT approach helps reinforce attachment bonds and facilitate the creation of secure connections between partners leading to increased intimacy and fulfillment in their relationship.
I utilize Clinical Hypnosis (Hypnotherapy) to help clients feel relaxed and process trauma at a subconscious level. My training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) has proven helpful in teaching Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Interpersonal Effectiveness and Distress Tolerance skills.
I consider it an honor and privilege to help people grow and change in a way that is rewarding to them. My role is to create a safe space for growth, empowerment, and healing in your relationships and for yourself.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Couples Learn More
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Learn More
- Clinical Hypnosis (Hypnotherapy) Learn More
"... she [a friend] recommended Mitch for hypnosis therapy due to anxiety, PTSD and chronic pain symptoms I suffer from. This has been very beneficial for me and hard to find someone certified in this type of therapy. I strongly recommend this clinic and all the many different services it has to offers"
Therapy for Depression
Counseling for Anxiety
Counseling for Trauma
"Mindfully Healing embraces a personal growth based model unlike a problem or deficiency based model of traditional mental health... Our clients experience this during their first session."
Services and Pricing
Why Private Pay is Beneficial for Some Clients?
- Insurance does not cover relational difficulties such as couples and family therapy, they require a DSM-V diagnosis for one of the members. As a fee-for-service provider, I do not have to give you a mental health diagnosis.
- Mental health diagnoses can follow you and be documented on health records and can result in affecting life insurance applications, health insurance applications and other benefits or services.
- Together, we can determine how many times we meet instead of the insurance company making that decision.
- Since a treatment plan, notes and billing information are not being released to an insurance company, a greater amount of confidentiality is in place for you.