Leaving out comparisons, judgments, and assumptions:
1. Practice observing judgmental thoughts and statements, saying in your mind,
“A judgmental thought arose in my mind.”
2. Count judgmental thoughts and statements (by moving objects or pieces of paper from
one pocket to another, by clicking a sports counter, or by marking a piece of paper).…
(When you cannot keep painful events and emotions from coming your way.)
What Is Radical Acceptance?
1. Radical means all the way, complete and total.
2. It is accepting in your mind, your heart, and your body.
3. It’s when you stop fighting reality, stop throwing tantrums because reality is not
the way you want it, and let go of bitterness.…
Describe the situation when necessary – sometimes it isn’t stick to the facts and no judgmental statements
“I’ve been working here for 2 years now and haven’t received a raise, even though my performance reviews have always been positive”
“This is the third time this week that you’ve asked me for a ride home.”
EXPRESS Express feelings/opinions about the situation clearly.…
Notice your body sensations (coming through your eyes, ears, nose, skin, and tongue).
Pay attention on purpose, to the present moment.
Control your attention, but not what you see. Push away nothing. Cling to nothing.…
Options for Solving Any Problem
When life presents you with problems, what are your options?
1. Solve the Problem
Change the situation . . . or avoid, leave, or get out of the situation for good.
2. Feel Better about the Problem
Change (or regulate) your emotional response to the problem.…